Indonesia – Korea Youth Exchange Program
Exchange is not a year in your life,
it is a life in a year
– Brazilian Proverbs –
IKYEP or Indonesia-Korea Youth Exchange Program is an intergovernmental youth exchange program which the goal is to make a good relationship between Indonesia and Korea in art, culture, language, social life, etc.
Indonesia – Korea Youth Exchange Program (IKYEP) is conducted for the first time in 2010 after the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed in 2009 between The Ministry of Youth and Sports Republic of Indonesia (Kemenpora) with Ministry of Gender Equality and Family Republic of Korea (MOGEF). Ten youths from seven provinces in Indonesia became the first delegation. Up to today, there are 111 youths have been participated.
The participants consist of:
- Indonesian youth participants from provinces around Indonesia
- Korean youth participants
- National leaders from each country
When and how long does the program run for?
IKYEP runs for about a month (30 days) usually from mid October to mid November.
It is divided into phases:
- Pre-Departure Training
- Korea Phase Program
- Indonesia Phase Program
- Reentry Program
What do participants do?
- Courtesy Calls : Participants will be invited to visit several formal government institutions (Ministry of Gender Equality and Family, Ministry of Youth and Sport Affairs of Republic of Indonesia, etc.)
- Cultural Performances : Cultural shows which are generally carried out in schools or public places with the aim of introducing national and regional cultures.
- Civic Tour : Visits to historical places and tourism objects (Korean Traditional Musical, National Museum of Korea, Suwon Hwaseong Fortress, Seamangeum Seawall, Hannok Village, Lotte world, Museum Dokbujin, Seodaemun Prison, Tanatoraja, Fort Rotterdam etc.)
- Discussions : Forum Group Discussions to discuss about global issues of Indonesia and Korea.
- Home stay Program: all participants will stay in the host family’s house for several days
- Personal projects
- Interact with the environment and society
- Social events
Check Out Our Theme Song “Meraih Mimpi”
Minus One Theme Song “Meraih Mimpi”